Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Paint Choice

So this post should be relatively short in comparison to the previous ones. I discussed how to remove paint easily yesterday and briefly mentioned color choices. I think today I'll quickly expand on that topic.


I currently have a blue mountain bike and a older green "touring" bike, both of which I currently don't have access to as family members have them squirreled away for me. The question is, do I want a second bike in green or blue since this will be my primary, and likely only used bike? Or do I want to change things up for a silver? Maybe even a burgundy to get it away from the obnoxiously bright red, even though that's keeping it pretty close. Keep in mind the seatpost and the fork will remain in carbon fiber though and look black from a distance. What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I like burgundy. But if you want something that will work well with both the carbon fiber parts and leather accessories, silver might be the way to go. Take a look at some of the "classic" bike sites and magazines, such as Bike Quarterly and Velo Orange, to see some examples of silver bikes with brown leather saddles, handlebar wraps and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen some great looking silver bikes with the classic accessories you have chosen that look great with silver. Burgundy is nice too.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog